On this page: Principal Biography | Testimonials
I earned my undergraduate degree in Communication from the University of Wisconsin - Parkside. I went on to earn the following:
- Master of Arts in Education and Language Arts from Alverno College, and
- Master of Science in Education and Leadership from Cardinal Stritch University.
Additionally, I hold educator and principal licenses for Early Childhood through Adolescence from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
My two main goals for St. Joseph Catholic School are:
- Help ensure that every child gets to Heaven, and
- Prepare every child academically with the foundation to be successful in High School and higher education.
As leader of St. Joseph School, I strive to instill teachers and students with the drive to be lifelong learners. I seek out innovative ways to continuously improve education. I am committed to fostering a learning environment that promotes physical and emotional safety for students, staff, and parents.
Last, but not least, I look after our school budget, prioritizing student achievement in fiscally responsible ways. This helps ensure that St. Joseph School continues to produce the future leaders of our parish and community for years to come.
I have dedicated myself to be an educator in a Catholic School, and I followed God's calling to serve at St. Joseph Catholic School. I felt completely at home when I met the dedicated families, caring staff, and witnessed the overall support from the parish. I was so impressed with what was being offered here, that it was not a tough decision to send my own children here. Being a part of the school and parish community have truly been a blessing.
I enjoy sports, camping, and outdoor activities with my family. Other things you might be surprised to know about me are:
- I won a Wisconsin State Championship in baseball at Pius XI High School and attended UW-Parkside on a baseball scholarship.
- I took first place in a stair climb competition at the US Bank building, climbing 45 stories/90 flights of stairs in 5 minutes and 56 seconds.
- I played a role as a baseball player in the movie "Mr. 3000" starring Bernie Mac.
"Mr. Van Rixel really cares about our school and families! He communicates with parents frequently and interacts with students on a daily basis."
“Mr. Van Rixel is great because he takes on so many tasks so that us teachers do not need to worry about them."
"Mr. Van Rixel rocks for guiding his staff and our entire school through this unprecedented time. Thanks for your updates and innovative solutions!"