The Sacrament of the Eucharist is the source and summit of the Catholic Faith.
We celebrate the Sacrament of the Eucharist:
Saturday 4 pm (vigil)
Sunday 8:30 am and 10:30 am
Tuesday-Friday 8 am, except Wednesday which is at 6 pm
Holy Days 8 am and 7 pm (unless otherwise noted)
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist:
In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, preparation for the first reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist normally occurs during a child's second grade year because the age of seven is considered the age of reason in the Church. This is the age in which children are able to begin to understand right from wrong and the concept of sin as well as begin to form an understanding of the Eucharist.
The First Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation programs are parish-based programs. Children who attend our Generations of Faith (CFM) sessions, as well as those in the parish day school, come together to celebrate these Sacraments.
Before a Child can be registered, the following criteria should be met:
- Child must be Baptized Catholic. (A copy of the Baptismal Certificate must accompany the registration form) Unbaptized children who are 2nd grade level or above should contact the DRE for more information.
- Family is registered as parishioners in St. Joseph's Parish. In some cases a family from another parish may participate if they have the permission of the pastor of their home parish to attend our programming
- Child must have attended at least one year of Catholic Religious Education or a Catholic school, the year preceding sacrament preparation.
- Child must be currently in 2nd Grade or above.
- Child must have received the Sacrament of Reconciliation. (preparation for this sacrament and opportunity for reception are part of this program)
- Family must be willing to be actively involved in their child's preparation.
- You must participate and complete all preparation sessions and materials.
For more information regarding 1st Eucharist please check out our For Children page.
If you would like to register a child for First Eucharist or if you have further questions you may email the Director of Child & Family Ministry, Annie Collins or call the CFM office at 262-662-3317 or the parish office at 262-662-2832.