No sin is greater than the mercy of God! Through the Sacrament of Reconciliation, we receive the Grace of God’s mercy and forgiveness and are strengthened anew to live out our Christian Life.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated on Saturdays from 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm and Wednesday evenings from 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm. Additional opportunities are provided during the Advent and Lenten Seasons. If you wish, you may also make an appointment with the pastor to celebrate this Sacrament.
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist:
In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, preparation for the first reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist normally occurs during a child's second grade year because the age of seven is considered the age of reason in the Church. This is the age in which children are able to begin to understand right from wrong and the concept of sin as well as begin to form an understanding of the Eucharist.
The First Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation programs are parish-based programs. Children who attend our Generations of Faith (CFM) sessions, as well as those in the parish day school, come together to celebrate these Sacraments.
Before a child can be registered, the following criteria should be met:
- Child must be Baptized Catholic. (A copy of the Baptismal Certificate must accompany the registration form) Unbaptized children who are 2nd grade level or above should contact the Director of Child and Family Ministry for more information.
- Family is registered as parishioners in St. Joseph's Parish. In some cases a family from another parish may participate if they have the permission of the pastor of their home parish to attend our programming.
- Child must have attended at least one year of Catholic Religious Education or a Catholic school, the year preceding sacrament preparation.
- Child must be currently in 2nd Grade or above.
- Child must have received the Sacrament of Reconciliation (to receive 1st Eucharist.)
- Family must be willing to be actively involved in their child's preparation.
- You must participate and complete all preparation sessions and materials.
For more information regarding First Reconciliation or First Eucharist, please check out our For Children page
If you would like to register a child for 1st Eucharist or if you have further questions, please send a message to the Director of Child and Family Ministry, Annie Collins, using the link below or call the CFM office at (262) 662-3317.