This school year is going to be filled with many exciting and rewarding experiences for your child. Because I firmly believe that life-long success depends on self-discipline, I have developed a Classroom Discipline Plan that affords every student the opportunity to manage his or her own behavior growth.
Each student is given the opportunity to earn tickets for positive behavior. Tickets will be awarded to students that exhibit behaviors connected to our rules/responsibilities or any other praise-worthy actions. Tickets may not be awarded each and every time, (teachers' discretion) but whenever I observe a student exhibiting a positive behavior that I would like to encourage, I will reward them by giving them a ticket. If a student asks for a ticket, s/he will not be given one. They will have the opportunity to earn tickets every school day, all day long! They will write their name on the ticket and drop it into the ticket container. Every Friday I will draw 2 tickets from the container and those students will choose a prize from my prize box. So the more tickets a student earns throughout the week, the greater his or her chances are to win a prize.
I also have a “group” incentive called “Marbelous Manners.” Every time I feel the class as a whole exhibits exceptional behavior or if they are complimented by another teacher, someone in the hallway or lunchroom, my student of the day will add a marble to our “Marbelous Manners” jar. Once the jar contains 25 marbles, we will have a special reward such as pizza, classroom movie, ice cream, extra recess, etc.
I have based my rules on the fact that everyone has the right to be respected, treated with kindness, feel safe at school and actively learn in a positive safe environment where mutual respect exists.
WE WILL BE CREATING THESE OUR FIRST FEW DAYS OF SCHOOL.
CONSEQUENCES FOR BROKEN RESONSIBILITIES/RULES
1. Verbal Warning – please stop what you are doing and make a better choice.
2. Move green card(Smooth Sailing) to yellow(Rough Waters) – lose any awarded tickets & 5 minutes of recess.
3. Move yellow card(Rought Waters) to red (Stormy Weather) – Lose entire recess and complete a “Behavior Reflection” form for parent signature.
4. Move red card(Stormy Weather) to black(Shipwrecked) – Call home and principal involvement.
1. Verbal praise.
2. Weekly drawing from special "ticket" container for prize of choice.
3. Feeling good about yourself and proud of your actions.