A group for Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) and Mothers of School-age children
Our St Joe’s MOPS group was started in 1999 when a group of women from the parish felt a need for a support group for mothers of small children. In 2010 we added our MOMSnext group so that we could continue to minister to these same women after their children started school.
Our groups are part of a larger organization called MOPS International.
MOPS International exists to encourage, equip, and develop every mother to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ. For more information about MOPS International, please visit www.mops.org
So, what does our group do?
We minister to moms in this special season of raising children from birth through the school ages. We have monthly meetings September through May (except December) on the fourth Tuesday of the month where we enjoy a speaker, small group discussion time, fellowship time with snacks and a craft. We gather at 6:30pm at church, speaker begins at 7 and discussion, fellowship and craft follow. We also meet for play dates with our children, have mommy-only outings, do book club discussions, and MOPS and POPS events through the year.
For more information on MOPS or to become a member contact Amy Richardson 414-731-0568 or stjoesMOPS@hotmail.com, and find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MOPS.MOMSnext.StJoesBB
MOPS Schedule for 2012-13
- September 25 – "Taking the 'PLUNGE' into service/involvement" with speaker Annemarie Scobey-Polachek
- October 6, Rummage Sale (8am-2pm, Parish Gym)
- October 23 – "Drowning in Digital Photos?" with speaker Nick Bailey
- November 6 – Book Club, "Mom Connection"-Tracey Bianchi
- November 27 – "Soaking up Scripture as a Family" with speaker Michele Stamm
- December 18 - Birthday Party for Jesus (Parish Hall)
- January 8 – Book Club
- January 22 – "Keeping Your Fashion Budget Afloat"
- February 26 – "Life Rafts-Staying Afloat in Sticky Situations"
- March 12 – Book Club
- March 26 – "Diving Into Relationships...Sink or Swim"
- April 6- MOPS Baby/ Child Rummage sale 8am-2pm
- April 23 – "Rough Waters Ahead-How to have the 'Sex Talk' with your kids"
- May 7– Book Club
- May 19 - Ladies Luncheon
- May 21 – "Rainy Weather Reading"