Bingo, which occurs in the Parish Hall every Friday (except if there is a 5th Friday), provides financial support to the parish. Four weekly teams of 16 dedicated volunteers work at each Friday session. Additionally, four people assist the bingo general manager in the program's operation. The positions and their general duties are as follows:
- Floor attendants verify called bingos and sell soft bingo sheets and raffle tickets on the floor. Their friendly personalities contribute greatly to the success of bingo night.
- Sellers sell soft sheets, supplies and raffle tickets.
- Callers are knowledgeable of various games played and the interpretation of state rules governing bingo. Callers announce letters and numbers clearly and loudly, and verify a called bingo for legal payment.
- Check writers write out payments for all legally called bingos.
- Concession workers serve sandwiches, beverages, candy and other items to the bingo players at the intermissions.
- The supervisor is responsible for the overall session, operation, application and interpretation of state and in-house bingo rules, cash boxes and tally sheets. The supervisor also directs set-up, clean-up and building lock-up.
- The bingo general manager is in charge of the overall organization. His or her responsibilities include making bank deposits, keeping financial records, filing state reports, applying for the license, paying all bills and applicable state taxes, puchases all bingo supplies and keeps an inventory in stock.
- The volunteer coordinator recruits and staffs the session teams and concession personnel.
Regular and substitute volunteers are always needed. No prior knowledge or experience is required; simple training is provided. Contact Sue Bucholtz or the parish office at 662-2832, for more information on becoming a volunteer.
3 on $6
6 on $11
9 on $14
Progressive Bingo $1 per square
Additonal 3 on's for special games $.50